Monday, May 17, 2010

My FIRST NIGHT as a VIRTUAL ASSISTANT TRAINEE


May 17, 2010. I have received the confirmation and reminder text of Ms. V. in my mobile phone last 15 May 2010 06:19:07 am, saying, " Hi, Mico! V. of virtual assistant. Please report at 8:30 pm on Monday for our Orientation." and as I prepared myself the whole morning physically, emotionally, spiritually and psychologically for the first night of my 10 days training. I can't help but think of the possible things to happen for the whole night shift and taking the PUJ to work, I kept on looking at the rear side mirror of the driver being aware that my attire was not crumbled or would be referred to have an Iron Deficiency, a term I coined with my friends for clothes not properly ironed.

Setting aside the comedic relief to somehow ease my anticipation and a bit of shyness, I took the stairs of the VA bldg. with a new found confidence and excitement as the security guard lodges my name in his logbook and asked if it was my first day for work. I replied a smile and said politely a yes.

With me was another trainee and we ushered to wait patiently on the couch and we were called the orientation by the competent managers: the human resource manager, the project manager, and training management manager, who introduced the company, with a crystal clear presentation.

I took by heart the mission and vision of the company, in the middle of the discussion, I realized and envisioned myself to be part of this company. It has opened a new realization and pages of my professional growth to fill up.

And here, I am now doing this task happily using the values of punctuality, innovation, resourcefulness, integrity, and performance for as it was said in the presentations that, "words are words, expectations are expectations, excuses are excuses, performance is the only reality."

To end this first ever blog, "Welcome Mico to the VAT world."


4 comments:

  1. Hey Mico, cool first post! Welcome, indeed. Keep the posts coming... Loved the Iron Deficiency term, btw. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment...i like this task it stirs the shakespeare in me...pleasant morning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, we just sensed a writer in the making here.....;-)

    I found myself entertained! So looking forward for more! Keep it up Mico!

    ReplyDelete